Friday, October 20, 2006

Day 5

Today we woke up at 9:20am. If this were a weekend day, I would have felt like I was finally catching up on my sleep, but it was the kids second day of school and it started 20 minutes ago. I jumped out of bed in a panic. All I could think about is what kind of impression our family was making on the “new” school. I silently cursed the stupid hotel since they forgot to put in our wake up call. I dared a hotel comment card to show its face in front of me at that moment. We ran down the hall to grab some last minute breakfast and then jumped in the car to begin our crawl to the school. The school secretary gave me a curious look as I knocked on the office door. I explained our troubles with the wakeup call and still being on US time and she looked like she forgave our tardiness. The kids waved goodbye and I walked out of school once again feeling bad that they are in the whirlwind life. Next week is term break, I reasoned. We will have some nice down time next week. I went back to the house and continued to organize our lives.

No comments: